Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line after break function, in C3D still one line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
granite07
650 Views, 4 Replies

line after break function, in C3D still one line

In C3D 2013 I broke a line into three segments, after NWCOUT and opened in Navisworks 2013, the line is again a single line. The line was originally imported from a dgn file. The line is also bundled with several other lines (pipe edge and centerline). In Navisworks they are a 'Line Set'. The common feature is that these four lines are in the same layer.

Is this normal - is there an easy solition, a checkbox in navisworks for 'recognize breaks'? Can a line set be broken? How do I change the type from line set in C3D to line or similar type?

I split a project into 'workzones' by drawing rectangular boxes and breaking lines that crossed workzones. The purpose is to sequence the work in 4D.

Do I have to break each layer into multiple layers, one layer for each workzone? This cannot be right.

Forest Peterson, granite@stanford.edu; build-sheet
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: granite07

Hi Forest,

To keep lines split, there is a global option in the DWG file loader options. It should be a dropdown labelled Line Processing. Selecting Separate All Lines should prevent lines from being merged into Line Sets & become selectable entities in their own right. Please be aware that for large models this can cause the file load to be much slower and/or memory intensive as this option results in a new Selection Tree node for every single line (which is why we usually merge them together).

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 5
granite07
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

Jeff - what does the as provided optio do compared to seprate all lines.

I want the line breaks where I placed them in C3D - does "seprate all lines" explode the lines?

Message 4 of 5
granite07

I have not tried the "seperate all lines" option, the "as provided" option seems to have worked

Also, I use two computers, and Ivy Bridge quad core 3.6Ghz turbo and an AMD Phenom II 3.6Ghz, comparable RAM and SSD - sometime one works better than the other. In this case the ivy bridge could not build the file with the "as provided" option but the AMD Phenom II did without a problem.

Message 5 of 5
granite07

searched for why my ivybridge was taking forever to build a navis file from C3D dwg file -> found my own answer from last month... try my AMD workstation.

note to self, buy new memory 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report