Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest in a Clash Management/Duplicate Detection Program?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1264 Views, 9 Replies

Interest in a Clash Management/Duplicate Detection Program?

Would anyone be interested in a program that I created that can take all clashes found by Navisworks and organize them based on gridline and location relative to that gridline? Then you can easily detect duplicate clashes (all found within the same area), and the coordination process can be greatly streamlined by going from gridline to gridline, instead of jumping back and forth through clashes randomly (and arriving at the same clash mutiple times).

As an engineer working on a very large project with hundreds (if not thousands) of clashes created between trades weekly, this program has already saved many hours a week on my part by eliminating the need to manually go through all of the clashes to organize them and delete duplicates.

I wanted to get a guage on how useful other people from the industry would find my program to be.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes I would be very interested can you send me a trial link

Message 3 of 10
revitforbreakfast

I'd be curious about this too, has anyone tried this or had results with this? I wonder if Autodesk is working towards this already. The current method from Revit involves modeling the grid line. Pain in the ......

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: revitforbreakfast

Yes,

I too would be interested in studying this.

Mike

Message 5 of 10
D.Slam1

This is exactly what I've been searching for.  What have you got?

dslam

David S
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

YES!! VERY INTERESTED!!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I would be interested in trying this program as well. Are you going to post the link? If not, can you please email me,

mikeford12730@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Bit late in the day but I would be interested in a trial of this as well please.

Cheers

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I understand this is a very late reply (2+ years). I got it into a working plugin a while ago. Should work for both Navis 2013 and 2014. 

It also creates spheres where the clashes are located. 

Here's some info:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5gEM0rG6MXrQkVYWTJSSEg3LU0/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to contact me if still interested, or if you have any suggestions to improve. Philipglorenzo@gmail.com

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

We have developed an add-in to create clash spheres in Revit.

https://bimone.ca/Apps/Product?productId=2 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report