Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industry Collections - where is Simulate

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
napper.brian
641 Views, 3 Replies

Industry Collections - where is Simulate

Just looked at the new INDUSTRY COLLECTIONS - the AEC collection lists Navisworks Manage but not Navisworks Simulate. Simulate was part of the former BDSP so why is it not listed under the new AEC collection?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: napper.brian

because you get manage

Manage does everything Simulate did plus clash detection

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
napper.brian
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren, yes I knew that, but Manage retailed at twice the price of Simulate whcih did everything that Manage did except Clash Detection. CD is not the only reason for using Navisworks! So going forward, will companies who purchased Suites as "premium" that contained NAVSIM be faced with a financial issue when they have to transfer to "collections" with an effectibve upgrade to NAVMAN? Or are Autodesk upgrading everyone with Simulate to Manage "free of charge"?

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: napper.brian

I don't think its likely they'll force the old Manage prices down everyones throat, but I'm not certain if there is an option to choose Simulate in order to get a cheaper collection price.  For now, you'll have to run the numbers as provided; you may be getting Manage at Simulate prices, or a modest increase.  We're a heavy Simulate user, even though we're on tokens, so I'll poke around a bit and see what pops up.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report