Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving graphics

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
massimocacopardo1358
2512 Views, 8 Replies

Improving graphics

Hi,

it is possible to improve the general graphics of a NWD model? In 'attached picture you can see how shapes appear very edgy, especially piping and cylindrical shapes.

Thank you so much.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

have you tried to change the render style?
within Navisworks?

Anthony

Message 3 of 9

Hello there,

for the viewport you would want to increase the MSAA level to 32 or 64.

At least this is possible for Autodesk graphics. Which dsiplay mode are you

using? There are some options you can tweak the appearance by. LOD tex-

tures and the general texture resolution too.

I´d also turn off software render support and stick with hardware rendering.

Which one is it? Presenter or Autodesk rendering?

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 9

It isn't a render but a screen shot of normal 3d navigation of NavisWork. I need to know what setting tap to improve the graphics.
Message 5 of 9

Hello there,

that´s understood. There are two systems in Navisworks that allow you to preview and review models

and they are running soley on the graphics card -  Presenter and Autodesk rendering. Both of them can

be used for displaying. Dependent on the model (Textures, materials...) they differ. Both come with a num-

ber of settings that can improve the overall display quality.

I´ve attached the corresponding "Options" Tab - even though in German, it might prove helpful to you.

The differences of Autodesk and Presenter graphics are resting in material handling and diplaying them.

While one can display high res textures embedded in FBX files (Presenter) the other one (Autodesk) won´t

be displaying them at all, it will allow you to assign Autodesk materials.

There are numerous points wherin they differ, just choose the one that gives you the most decent look while

delivering the performance you need.

Ah... setting MSAA to 64 will get rid of the AA lines of the objects. If in doubt test the settings in a seperate

file. Some of them will require a restart, therefore take your time 🙂

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 6 of 9

Navisworks doesn't do curves, it converts everything to triangular faces.  So at some level you will always have that appearance.  You can reduce their look with the Faceting factor and Max Facet Deviation settings under Options (read the help *first* so you understand what these do).  "Better" settings will come with a performance hit, so sometimes its necessary to suck it up and live with marginal graphics to accomodate fast file opening and zipping around the model.

And all that assumes the source objects aren't actually faceted to begin with.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 9

I tried to set Naviswork as in the attached image, but nothing changes. The 3D models created with Plant 3D are all displayed in this way.

Message 8 of 9

We must increase the faceting factor (see attached pictures). Options, File Readers, DWG / DXF.

thanks

Message 9 of 9

Ah - never thought of that outside of AutoCAD.

Quite simple if you know it applies to the import

options in Navisworks too....

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report