Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing FLS in Navisworks 2014 Manage SP1

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
roybeukeveld
910 Views, 7 Replies

Importing FLS in Navisworks 2014 Manage SP1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to import FLS files into Navisworks 2014 Manage SP1.

The error states it does not exist or can't be opened.

I searched the forum and saw it has been asked before, but not for this release, so i hope someone can help me out.

(The FLS files are created with a X130, and postprocessed in Scene 5.3)

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Roy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

The Faro libs included in Navisworks 2014, and 2015 are 5.1 libs.
Can you Save As version 5.1 in Faro Scene ?

If not, you might try to backup the following DLL's located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2014
Replace these with 5.3 versions (found in the Faro installation folder i believe) and re-register them

iQ3D.dll
iQBase.dll
iQLib.dll
iQOpen.dll

all at your own risk, naturally
Message 3 of 8

Hi Patrick,

I replaced the dll's you mentioned and tried to register but unfortunately that fails.

I tried it this way:

Command prompt with admin rights:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2014\iqopen.dll"

Any suggestions maybe?

Thanks for the reply, i appreciate it:-)

Roy

Message 4 of 8

Did you unregister first ?
Does none of the DLL's register ? Maybe it's a matter of registering them in the right order.
Maybe my list of DLL files is not complete and there is a dll missing. Check the properties, detail tab of  all files in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2014 that have the same time and date (27 nov 2012 6h54) to see if they have copyright of Faro and version 5.1 or 5.3...

I found LSBase.dll and LSlib2.dll also to be from Faro.

I did this job years ago with Simulate 2011 and got it working, but not with more recent versions.

Message 5 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: roybeukeveld

Use ReCap to process the point cloud then load the ReCap file into Navisworks.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 8
roybeukeveld
in reply to: dgorsman

@Patrick, i tried the unregistering first, but no results. The new dll won't register. 

I'll see if our IT department has more luck with it.

@dgorsman Thats the way i currently do it. I import the FLS files in RECAP, convert them into RCS and use those in Navisworks. 

Although that works okay, i want to use the FLS directly in Navisworks because it saves the time of the conversion, and i'm curious if the quality is better that way.

Regards,

Roy

Message 7 of 8

The only thing left would be asking with Faro Support to see if you can get a copy of the files they would deliver to Autodesk to support 5.3 in a future version of Navisworks.

Message 8 of 8
M.Trask.420
in reply to: roybeukeveld

3 years later... Flash forward to 2017, 2018 has the same problem, Faro has released multiple SDK's, 5.1 is still the last Faro version Navis has added.. Is there a more defined set of steps now to change out the required DLL's to make 5.5 thru 6.2.xx work?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report