Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Autocad ADT DWG files does not work properly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
enrico.ferraro
582 Views, 3 Replies

Importing Autocad ADT DWG files does not work properly

When I import ADT Files (Walls, clean-room-ceilings etc) I can see only 2D Informations...

When the "sender" exports it to "Autocad"=Exploding the Structure I see all 3D Objects!

Is that necessary?

Workaround?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: enrico.ferraro

You cannot directly import an ADT model into revit as ADT objects are not Revit objects and vice versa. Going out via Autocad and then into Revit will work, or you could create a Generic Family of the Autocad geometry and load that into Revit as one big family. 

Use your judgment on the best option. Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 4
enrico.ferraro
in reply to: alan.quinn

Sorry, misundersranding. Problem is importing to Navisworks Manage! Greetings Enrico Ferraro Ing. FH Ferraro GmbH Püntenstrasse 3 CH 8184 Bachenbülach Email enrico.ferraro@ferraro.ch Xing enrico.ferraro Skype enrico.ferraro Mobil +41 79 833 39 41 www.ferraro.ch - Ferraro GmbH Www.3dkoordination.ch - CAD Koordination Www.tricadms.ch -Tricad MS Forum
Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: enrico.ferraro

Can you post the file on an FTP site or Dropbox and give me the address. I will download and test. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report