Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideal Navisworks Navigation - WoW

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jeradooka
837 Views, 3 Replies

Ideal Navisworks Navigation - WoW

I find it a stumbling task to navigate in Navisworks files. In World of Warcraft, they have a very smooth flow for 3D navigation while in the air(riding a flying beast, of course). I would love Navisworks much more if Autodesk could duplicate this naviagtion. For those unfamiliar with it, here is a summary: W - Fly forward. Q - Strafe left E - Straft right A - Rotate direction left S - Fly backwards D - Rotate direction right X - Decend (like a helicopter would) Spacebar - Ascend (like a helicopter) Left click + drag - Rotates look direction freely. Right click + drag - Rotates look direction freely and orients movement in direction of look. Simultaneoues Right and Left Click - Fly forward with directional control by moving mouse. This essentially comines the Fly Mode, Look Around Mode, and Pan Mode all into one easy to use navigation. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Like/dislike?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dennis
in reply to: Jeradooka

I too find myself wanting to use the standard AWSD keys for movement.  I know this was put into the wishlist at one time cuz I did it.  The response back was those movements are already available, just the NW way though.  So, if it does make it to the "development plan" I suspect it will be at the bottom of the pit.

Message 3 of 4
Chris.Aquino

We are always looking to make our products better.

This link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 4 of 4
Jeradooka

Thanks for the inrofmation, Chris. I submitted there.

FYI, I also tried to give my information for the Autodesk Usability Studies. When I click the submit button, it appears that the link is broken, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report