Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save views in Navisworks Freedom 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dwight.douget
17155 Views, 4 Replies

How to save views in Navisworks Freedom 2013

If anyone could help me find out how to save my current view in Navisworks Freedom 2013, I'd appreciate it. I have some parts removed and I'm trying to save the view so that when I open it, it will open with the parts still removed, but there's no "Save" area. There is a "Save Workspace" in the View option, but I saved the workspace and tried opening it later on and it didn't pull anything up. Navisworks will look like it's about to open a new file, but then it just goes to the screen I was at before I opened. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: dwight.douget

Can't save anything with Freedom.  You would need to open the NWD with Simulate or Manage to create views.  The workspace is just the arrangement of panels and panes.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
Niloofar54
in reply to: dwight.douget

Hi

You can actually save viewpoints. you must measure a distance and then click on "convert to redline" (See picture).

strange solution, but it works.

Regards,

N.Yazdani

Message 4 of 5
scottmcgowan62
in reply to: Niloofar54

@Niloofar54 wrote:

Hi

You can actually save viewpoints. you must measure a distance and then click on "convert to redline" (See picture).

strange solution, but it works.

Regards,

N.Yazdani

Wow. It works!

Brilliant advice, this will be a great help

Scott

Message 5 of 5

Yes, but no

You can create viewpoints in your session, but (at least in 2014) you cannot save or saveas the NWD. So when you close your Freedom session or open another NWD file, the viewpoint is lost.

Also I did not find a way to export these viewpoints (into an XML) so that others could import them using Simulate.

So I see not much use in this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report