Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check the elevation (z-coordinate) of an element or a point?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PatrickEC
13501 Views, 5 Replies

How to check the elevation (z-coordinate) of an element or a point?

Is there an easy way to check the elevation (z-coordinate) of an element or a point. The elements in the model that I am working with do not have this attribute.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dennis
in reply to: PatrickEC

Measure tool is it.  You don't have an ID point like AutoCAD.  In NW, you will need to have the Measure dialog box open, then pick a couple points as if you wanted the distance between the two.  In the Measure dialog you will see the absolute point values and then the difference values.

Message 3 of 6
tq1918

this only works with Fabrication MEP+ that i know of....

load mep item into model

options 

---quick properties

------definitions

green plus sign add element

mep+

elevation 

some other 3rd party software may have helpful tools like this. 

maybe Revit or solidworx

Message 4 of 6
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: tq1918

Not at all,
all models attached to Navisworks can be measured and the measure window will display the X Y and Z coordinate separatly.
So "snap" or just point to 2 points on a floor and you will see the Delta Z is 0 and both Z coordinates are the Z in that Navisworks file.
Naturally, the 0 ground level can have an elevation also (regarding to Sea Level or so), so you might have to measure from there.
Message 5 of 6
adusvi

I create a plane in SketchUp at Z=0,00, then append that SKP file in my Navisworks NWF and I use the mesasure tool with Z-axys locked to get the elevation of an element or a point.

Message 6 of 6
tq1918

Navis crude snip.PNGthis is a bit of a lame snip but if you expand out the measuring tool.  (mini arrow)  when you measue between two point the first point you select will give you xyz of the point indicated.  I am using 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report