Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Remove a merged/Appended model from nwf in Navisworks

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
jaredengland87
19145 Views, 15 Replies

How do I Remove a merged/Appended model from nwf in Navisworks

Hi

Can anyone please help me. I understand I can't remove a merged dwg from from an nwd but is there a way to remove a dwg from an nwf without hiding it. There must be a way to completely unreference the file from an nwf.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
thuzz
in reply to: jaredengland87

In the selection tree you can right click on the file and choose delete

Message 3 of 16
Jeweler
in reply to: thuzz

I cant see the detete option when I rigth click the object in the selection tree

Message 4 of 16
Light_Guy
in reply to: jaredengland87

Anyone have any updates for this thread? I have run into the same problem. Simply right clicking in the selection tree does got get me a remove/delete option. I am using 2014/2015 Manage (both versions have same issue)

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 5 of 16
Light_Guy
in reply to: Light_Guy

OK, I did notice that once a second item is appended, you get a delete option from right click but you can only delete one. Once you delete that one, the option disappears for the remaining item.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 6 of 16

You should use the "standard" view on the selection three
Then you should select the file in the tree.
Then you can use the "delete" key of your keyboard.

If you want to remove more than one file, it is a known issue that Shift+Selection to select a range does not always works.
But it always works for me in the following sequce:
Scroll down to the last of the files that you want to delete.
Select it.
Select the one above also using Ctrl+Mouse
Then scroll up
Then select the most upper file using Shift+Mouse
then use the "Del" key on your keyboard
Message 7 of 16
jglynn
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

I'm currently experiencing this exact same problem and none of the suggested solutions have resolved the issue on my end. 

> Using Navisworks Manage 2015 

> I am working in the nwf.

> The Selection Tree is open and Standard mode is active.

> Right clicking on the appended file/dwg does not show a "Delete" option, nor does my delete key have any effect. 

I have also tried creating a brand new nwf and appending a few dwg's, however the issue persists even in a new file.

What I don't understand is why this is even an issue. Being able to "delete" or remove files is a common and necessary function of software and yet here I am unable to do so.

Message 8 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: jglynn

I'm not sure if you really have a bug or if it is a matter of user interface

I start a new NWF, append some DWG

Then in the selection tree, select a DWG (do not click on the + sign, click on the filename)

Then in the right mouse menu, there is Delete

OR

When the file is seleted, the "Del" key in the keyboard works.

Message 9 of 16
Light_Guy
in reply to: jglynn

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/plain;" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro","sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
What I have noticed is that there has to be more than one file appended. Once the second file is added delete gets turned on but when you are back to just one file it foes away again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 10 of 16

naturally, deleting the 1st appended file will end you up with an empty file. That cannot be done but the workaround is simply to start a new, unnamed.nwf
Message 11 of 16

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. 

I have to delete the item - because if someone unhides it later it (by using unhide all) it will only confuse them. 

I tried all of the suggestions above.

Thanks. 

Best,

Hayat

Message 12 of 16

You cannot delete the selected file because the file you have opened is an NWD and not an NWF. You need to open the NWF that is used to create the NWD, then select the file in the Selection Tree (please notice that in your screenshot you are in the Compact mode, not in the Standard mode) and then you can use the DEL key on your keyboard.
Message 13 of 16

Thank you for your fast reply! 

Sorry, I just started learning how to use this tool. Should I always be working in a NWF-file? 

Message 14 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: hayata1707

That depends on your work process.  In most cases you would be working with the "raw" models (Revit, Plant3D, etc.) in an NWF because you need up-to-the-minute content.  If you are only responsible for reviewing the models somebody else may be publishing the NWD files because they know precisely which models should be present, proper colors, and so on.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 15 of 16
mark
in reply to: dgorsman

To be able to right-click and have 'Delete' as an option, you can not have the Clash Detective window open. You have to access the files you want to delete through the Selection Tree only.

Message 16 of 16

thanks man, this really helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report