Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make NW play well with Autocad MEP?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
grumpygrizzly
345 Views, 3 Replies

How do I make NW play well with Autocad MEP?

OK, so I've got my property sets all the way I like them in Autocad MEP.  Took a lot of hair pulling but, it looks well and gives us the info we need.

So I find the regedit hiddenprops and change that to '1' and now my cable tray or conduit shows up as it's own tab in NW.  Only, everything I've put into the Property Sets in Autocad MEP gets garbled in NW Properties.  Below are two images to show what's going on.

Is there somewhere in NW where I can go in and put the formulas to work so I get Top of Conduit or TOC: like I have in Autocad MEP?

Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: grumpygrizzly

If you upload a file with the cable tray & conduit property sets, I can help you take a look.
Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 3 of 4
grumpygrizzly
in reply to: smbrennan

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm attaching a basic drawing I use (ok, ok, it's almost a template) that has the Conduit and Cable Tray Property Sets ready to go in the Manage Properties Tab.

Actually, I don't have the elbows set on either one yet but, if you take a look at the conduit in the Extended Data Tab in Properties, you'll see the type of info I'm looking for in NavisWorks.

It seems that NavisWorks just scrambles things up when you have the ConduitObject tab in the Properties over there.  

Message 4 of 4

Hey Shawn, just checking in to see if you had any luck with those files and making NW play well with others?

PJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report