Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I export a Naviswork's Models Grid Lines????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jeglum
2221 Views, 5 Replies

How Do I export a Naviswork's Models Grid Lines????

I wrongly assumed this would be more simple then it actually seems to be.

I have a very complex Model Sent to me in .nwc file format.  It contains the gridlines (in addition to the entire model) for all the buildings and areas interlinked. 

I need to export this to AutoCAD or Tekla, (Not the model... JUST the grid lines)

I simply need the grid lines.  However, when I convert it, I no longer have the gridlines in the converted model.

Please let me know how I copy the grid lines from a Navisworks .nwc file to ideally an AutoCAD dwg file.

The only available file containing all the grid lines is that single .nwc file.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeglum
in reply to: Jeglum

Nevermind, went A different route

Message 3 of 6
smbrennan

For future reference, the grid lines are generated when someone exports a Revit Model. I have not heard of anyone trying to export the grids only. If you do need the grids, you could always export a Revit View with the grids.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 4 of 6

Grid are used in a lot of other programms too, and they are even described and exchanged in IFC files. It would be nice if we could echange grids between appications using IFC or a neutral XML format.
Message 5 of 6

Below in my signature you can find a link to provide feedback. They do look at requests and keep a log. I have personally received multiple follow up emails for requests I have placed.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 6 of 6
sureshchotrani

From Revit export grid lines in dwg directly, you can now import this in any model:)

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report