Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight a system

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Backdoorman
616 Views, 3 Replies

Highlight a system

How to highlight only a system (ex: piping or structure or civil) in a 3D Model in Navisworks 2013?

I remember doing it in the Naviswork 2010 but than the menu changed and I can't find how to do it.

Something similar like the picture attached.

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Backdoorman

Depends what you want.  Highlighting is done by selecting objects; doing this by "system" can be done by creating a search set or selection set with provided object parameters (e.g. find all Plant3D objects with a line number of 2"-P-100-A).  You can also use the Properties tab of the Selection Tree to mass-select objects with specific properties.  Once objects are selected you can further improve visbility by clicking "Hide unselected" which will (unsuprisingly) hide everything except for what is selected.  With good modeling practices its possible to construct and save many detailed search sets.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Logos_Atum
in reply to: dgorsman

I thought he likes to edit the appearance of different components of the system,

not selecting them. Am I right? No offence meant

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 4
Logos_Atum
in reply to: Logos_Atum

There´s a quick way to highlight objects... literally ^^

In the selection tree you could be adjusting the lighting settings for the asset

by browsing to the scene menue choosing data options to adjust the settings.

Don´t know if this helps... I think you´re looking for something like layer dis-

play properties to tell piping from structure (for example) easily by their looks.

In that case I would edit the whole geometry by assigning a meterial visible in

Autodesk rendering or presenter only by changing the selection level to layer or

geometry. You could be switching between the views easily then.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report