Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide objects and lock

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4824 Views, 3 Replies

Hide objects and lock

Is there a way objects can be hidden and "locked"?

We don't want them "un-hidden"

Once certain objects are hidden and the .NWD file is turned over to others, the hiden obects need to stay hidden.

The "unhide all" function turns it all back on.

The hidden ojects need to stay hidden or be deleted from the saved .NWD file.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

Not to my knowlegde.

you should start a change request to have hidden items left out of the NWD on publish or SaveAs, so that I'm not alone in asking that in a future release.

The only thing you can do is:

Check your options first -> Interface -> Viewpoint Defaults: set "Save Hide/Required Attributes" ON

-> From now on, the fact if items are "hidden or not" is saved within the viewpoint.

Restart navisworks

Open your NWF. Hide all that is needed to be hidden

Create a new Viewpoint

Change your view, unhide all

Activate the viewpoint and all what you hid should be hidden again.

and teach your Freedom users to use Viewpoints...

If the NWF already had viewpoints you may need to update or re-create those. Viewpoints that already existed will not hide the items again after an unhide all. Exporting and Importing the viewpoints does NOT include what needs to be hidden.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Export the model as a 3D DWF. Then open a new Navisworks model and attach the 3D DWF. Also, it retains all layer information so if you are using plant 3D, Advance steel etc it will still include all of the property info when you highlight an item. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi

I came on this thread bacause I had the same problem. I now found a work around so that Unhide All doesn't affect anymore.

Here are the steps:

1. Create Selection Sets with the objects you want to hide.

2. Use Appearance Profiler to change the the transparency of the object you previously selected (Selction Sets) to 100%. Run and save this profiler.

With this method the objects are actually still in the model but they are invisible (100% transparency).

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report