Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom 2013 Printing function crashes program (XP)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MGNC
259 Views, 2 Replies

Freedom 2013 Printing function crashes program (XP)

Hello Community!

I would like to print views/snapshots of a naviswork model in order to mark up (in PDF) for revisions and for displays. Every time I try to do so using the "print" button in the menu bar the Freedom program crashes (send error report window pops up) with OS XP Pro.

Service pack 2 installed

machine is Macbook Pro with parallels running a virtual machine with OS XP Pro SP3.

Virtual machine RAM set to 3.6GB

NWD file size is only 32MB

Interestingly I downloaded the software on my old Desktop (imate - mac) running vista on bootcamp. It has 4GB of RAM (900MB is chewed up by the OS) and it prints just fine? and runs naviswork files up to 200MB quite well.

All assistance would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

MGNC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: MGNC

I would use a screenshot program to or Irfanview to print the screen to PDF. If the problem is there also it has to do with the printer definition on your virutal machine.
Message 3 of 3
MGNC
in reply to: MGNC

Thank you for reply.

I haven't downloaded any other software for taking snapshots (i do as little as possible of downloading programmes i don't need it potentially leads to OS problems particulary windows software).

What I have done however is successfully printed from both autodesk "design review" & "True View" programmes. Also it worked when I had 2009 version of Navisworks Freedom?

I have also uninstalled 2013 downloaded it again and reinstalled it prior to raising this isue at the forum.

Just to recap I have Nav... Freedom 2013 (SP2) and it cannot print to PDF/microsoft XPS writer/microsoft office document Image writer/printer device.

Do you still think I should try a snapshot programme to check? Or is it an issue with Nav... Freedom 2013 software and is there a way to investigate or fix?

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report