Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Phase 1 does not exist or can't be opened

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
smbrennan
954 Views, 4 Replies

File Phase 1 does not exist or can't be opened

A coworker is getting an error. I can't figure it out. I can open the same file just fine. Has anyone seen this before?

Navis Error.JPG

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: smbrennan

Stupid question first: X drive the same on both?  Not mapped to a removeable media drive (e.g. card reader, portable hard drive) by mistake?

Can you navigate to the folder and file manually in Windows Explorer?  Does it work after you do so?  Windows does some cheating and won't look inside some mapped drives until they are needed which others have noted elsewhere as a start-up problem.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
smbrennan
in reply to: dgorsman

I apologize, I didn't provide enough information.

Yes, the X drive is a network mapped drive to everyone who is part of the domain. We've tried accessing the file through windows exploder and directly from the Navis Open command. We can navigate to the folder no problem, but during the open itself is where we run into the problem. I've been using Navisworks in the same network envrionment for 6 years and never saw this error before.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 4 of 5

Does both computers have the same version ? Servicepack and Hotfix included ?

To rule out network problems, use Explorer to copy (just for testing) the NWF to the C: drive.

Start Navisworks and user File-> Open there, to rule out false association from NWF with Freedom or another program

Use the computer that can open the file and save As 2014 NWF to see if that helps

Message 5 of 5

I just installed the service pack and that appears to have solved the issue.

Why I didn't check that before? I have no clue - I know better.

Thanks!

Shawn B.

||    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report