Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting ASD model with NWCOUT - welds and bolts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
robbyjb
304 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting ASD model with NWCOUT - welds and bolts

Using NWCOUT command I export an ASD model and when I open the file in Navisworks, all the welds and bolts separate from the model. It appears as if these objects are double the scale of the rest of the model.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: robbyjb

Double the scale or 2.54 times the scale ?
I do not understand which appication you mean with ASD, but check your units in that application would be a first step.
Message 3 of 4
robbyjb
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Hi Patrick,

Sorry, ASD - AutoCad Structural Detailing. I also thought that maybe it had something to do with units ie. metric / imperial, but everything is metric.

The model comes in scaled correctly. The bolts and welds are double the scale, but are also offset from the rest of the model. 

Message 4 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: robbyjb

To my knowledge, in Navisworks, if you are able to select these welds and bolts using Select Sets, you would only be able to hide them or change the color. So you could not scale only a part of an NWC file.
So the solution must be found at the ASD plug-in of Navisworks. Do you have options over there ?
If not, the only option left is to uninstall the plug-in and install another (older) version to try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report