Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Selection sets.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
benlewis1981
4910 Views, 11 Replies

Export Selection sets.

Does anyone know how to export selction sets?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

In older versions, it was under the N-logo in the upper left corner -> Export ->

In 2014 (possibly also in 2015) you first have to enable the right dialog: View -> Windows -> Sets

Then in this dialog there is a toolbar, the last button has the import/export button to create your selection sets xml.

Message 3 of 12
dgorsman
in reply to: benlewis1981

Selection sets, or search sets?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 12
benlewis1981
in reply to: dgorsman

I'm trying to export Selection Sets, not Search sets. I'm using simulate 2012.

Message 5 of 12

In 2012 you have the following Export possibilities:

Either use Export "Current Search", which I did never use

or use Export Search Sets, which are the Sets that you have defined in the "Sets" window and appear in a seperate "Sets" tab of the selection tree.

This, I do use often and exports made with 2012 will import and work in 2014 and 2015.

NW2012_Export.jpg

Message 6 of 12
dgorsman

I don't think that will work.  Search sets export the search parameters, not the objects found.  Selection sets record specific objects which may not occur in other models, or may be otherwise located in the selection tree.  So there is no guarantee that a selection set for one model will produce the same or even similar results in another model.

This could probably be emulated with properly restrictive search parameters.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 12
benlewis1981
in reply to: dgorsman

Search sets only exports any set folders that were made. This is frustrating, because there has to be a way to do it.

Message 8 of 12
benlewis1981

I cant belive there is no way the export selections sets??? If I cant solve this soon, im going to have to start a new set file from scratch.

Message 9 of 12
ecalzavara

Navisworks 2018/2019.

Is it possible to export objects properties AND selection/search set NAME in a csv?

I have many objects inside many different selection sets. I want to export the objects list property from Selection Inspector and add a column with the name of the selection set they belong.

Is this possible? 

When I export the Selection Set as XML I don't see the elements' properties...

Thank you

Message 10 of 12
balaji-bbi
in reply to: ecalzavara

Navisworks 2018/2019.

Is it possible to export objects properties AND selection/search set NAME in a csv? - NO

I have many objects inside many different selection sets. I want to export the objects list property from Selection Inspector and add a column with the name of the selection set they belong.

Is this possible?  - Yes. In Navisworks Manage, you can create custom user-created parameters or data fields using the Data Tools. But this doesn't seem to work when multiple elements are selected. 

When I export the Selection Set as XML I don't see the elements' properties... - Because you didn't export a Selection Set. You exported a Search Set. 

Message 11 of 12

From selection window you can find Export MXL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Nassar , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Support / Structure Modeler
Message 12 of 12
Jborzales

You can use the the method shown in the Youtube Link:

(30) Autodesk Navisworks Datatools Video - YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report