Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Animation failure

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sean.kirkbride
376 Views, 4 Replies

Export Animation failure

Hi there,

im trying to export a 1min animation at 1920x1080, as seperate .png files.... each time it fails and i get a message saying there was not enough memory, when i have loads of spare disk space...??

HELP!!!

cheers

sean

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: sean.kirkbride

Not disc space - RAM.  generating 1080p resolution images is RAM hungry compared to smaller resolutionsI've had machines with 16GB choke up.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
sean.kirkbride
in reply to: dgorsman

i see... i have 8GB of RAM. any suggestions on how i can do the render at 1080p?

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: sean.kirkbride

More RAM.  Nowadays 8 GB is borderline for technical work (I actually consider 12 GB to be the working minimum).  Check to see how much your motherboard will support, start at 16 GB and consider 24 GB or using a lower resolution (ie. large scale projection won't notice the difference between 1080p and 720p).  You might also want to check out the AutoDesk 360 rendering system - one of its main purposes is to allow users to do work that would otherwise require expensive hardware.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
sean.kirkbride
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report