Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code when appending dwg file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alvarjezj1979
610 Views, 6 Replies

Error code when appending dwg file

Every time I try to merge a dwg file, I get an error message. See attached image, then if I click on retry it gives me another message. I am using Navisworks Manage 2015.

Please help!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

The error message "has an unknown version number" could mean the DWG was not created by an Autodesk product OR is was created with a higher version (like AutoCAD 2015) that your Navisworks is unable to read. As your navisworks is also 2015 this 2nd possibility is unlikely.

As a test and workaround, If possible, try opening this DWG with AutoCAD, and try saving as an AutoCAD 2010 DWG. Then try appending this DWG in Navisworks.

Message 3 of 7
p2sjames
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

i have the same error and have down saved to 2010.

The DWG was created using Revit 2015.

scan2BIM - www.point2surveyors.com
Message 4 of 7
filipefrancisco
in reply to: p2sjames

try to AUDIT e PURGE on DWG file

Filipe Francisco
Comunidade Autodesk - Português - Colaborador
Autodesk Certified Instructor | AutoCAD Certified | Revit Architecture Certified | Autodesk Expert Elite

YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN

Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou.

If the answer solved your problem, click Accept as Solution. This helps other users to quickly find an answer. And hit Like if you do.

Autodesk Community

Message 5 of 7
p2sjames
in reply to: filipefrancisco

i have done a purge but not an AUDIT.

btw it appends fine in Simulate 2014.

scan2BIM - www.point2surveyors.com
Message 6 of 7
msydor
in reply to: alvarjezj1979

Has anyone had luck resolving this issue? I have having the exact same problem.

Message 7 of 7
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: p2sjames

If it appends fine in 2014 you have 2 options:
1) Compare the DWG reader options between the 2014 and the 2015 installation. Also Check the installation of Revit on both machines if it are different machines and so on.
2) on the machine that can open the DWG, Save this as NWD. Append the NWD in 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report