Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrician Needs Tutorials

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
owenskinner
392 Views, 3 Replies

Electrician Needs Tutorials

Hi.

I am new to autodesk (2 Minutes). My needs are simple as an electrician but I am very sure autodesk can handle them. I work solely on Mac OSX and have been using a combination of Adobe illustrator and Microsoft Excel to tackle the below tasks with a very in-ellegant solution that is frustrating to use and more importantly impossible to modify. If anyone can help me perform the following things by pointing me in the direction of useful tutorials i'd be very grateful. 

1. I need to be able to import 2D PDF files to scale into a preset A1 document.

2. Create an easily updateable/ modifyable database of electrical components that is useable in all new projects and updates to old projects when re-opened. 

3. Create layered (2D Is fine and preferable) electrical plans from a self made database of electrical objects. Layers typically consist of Client Details, Key, Power, Lighting, Heating, Safety, Media etc.

4. Make the electrical objects have attributes that are searchable but most importantly collatable & exportable into a very concise materials list in categories and alphabetically for wholesalers to quote from i.e

BACKBOXES

200 * 1 Gang 35mm Metal Backbox

200 * 2 Gang 35mm Metal Backbox

200 * 1 Gang 47mm Metal Backbox

200 * 2 Gang 47mm Metal Backbox

FACEPLATES

200 * 1 Gang 13A Sockets

200 * 2 Gang 13A Sockets

If I could make this happen with autodesk and have a template and electrical object database that is easy to configure and update it would make my life a breeze and help me see more of my family!

Any help kindly appreciated.

A pdf example of my current plans is attached.

Owen.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: owenskinner

your want to try to do this in Navisworks?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
owenskinner

Hi. 

I am not sure I understand what you meant. 

I did find this turtorial which I think is really good, any other suggestions welcome.

http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP

your posting in the navisworks forum

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report