Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Export to Autodesk Design Review DWF Viewer and Section Cuts in DWF Export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jcchappe
1125 Views, 2 Replies

DWF Export to Autodesk Design Review DWF Viewer and Section Cuts in DWF Export

I am relatively new at this, so I apologize ahead of time if this is a stupid question.  I am looking to export a dwf file for viewing the model on the construction site on a tablet computer (an ipad to be specific).  I am uploading the file to the Autodesk Cloud and then using the AutoDesk Design Review DWF Viewer to view this exported dwf.

It appears that any file over about 15MB is crashing the DWF Viewer.  Is there a size limit for this to function properly? (this question may be better suited to the ADR Forum)

To get around this I am sectioning the full model into smaller pieces and then exporting the dwf.  However, the section is not exporting with the model, and consequently the file size is not reduced.  I can hide objects to reduce the size, but this is an extremely tedious process and could result in hiding some components I still want.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am having th esame problem... with only a 5MB file... I export out of Navis and upload to the cloud... Open inn design review (I-Pad) and the whole I-Pad crashes...??

Please help, this is affecting my work!

Message 3 of 3
PatrickEC
in reply to: jcchappe

Same issue here. At first I thought it is easy to hide everything outside section planes (Hide Unselected tool), but it turns out that when I make a selection, section planes are ignored and elements outside section planes are selected as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report