Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings from NavisWorks Freedom

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
StoneCap
8435 Views, 21 Replies

Drawings from NavisWorks Freedom

Hi

I plan to import models fron Revit (construction and arch), MagiCAD (Electrical installations, pipes) and TEKLA (Steel) into NavisWorks Simulate.

Is there a way to produce Drawings from NavisWorks that contain 1) all these CAD drawings in one? 2) i e produce a drawing with Construction + Electrical installations (as a selected choice)?

If not, is there a better way to maybe produce total (or selectable drawings) from 3 CAD systems with a viewer ?

Regards

Stein

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
stahci
in reply to: rsloyer

I have had all trades produce coordination drawings based on there model that they have submitted for coordination. The challenge is getting them to look uniform, provide enough information (elevation,dimensions, pipe size etc), creating isometric views to help visualize, creating section cuts and creating overlay-ed drawings both 2d and isometric. Do you have any advice on how to to best handle/guide the trades in that process?

This is kind of off topic but how do you go about ensuring all clashes are closed out before the trades submit there coordination drawings/final coordination model? I have had issues with new models resetting clashes and loosing information (approved statues), not to mention there are hundreds of " Soft Clashes" that are organized and approved.

I have never heard of anyone requesting a final record set completely combined, That would be what the individual as built drawings and or a combined as built model would be utilized. Even then though the as built model wouldn't be clash free considering things in the field and be tweaked in ways that are extremely difficult to model. I also am currently taking models from all trades and combining them into revit as generic model families and my project is extremely slow and it is a painful process.
Message 22 of 22
Drafter1981
in reply to: rsloyer

To sta, rsloyer, ted.moberg , dgorsman  and anyone else I may have missed,

Thanks again for your input. I am trying my best to explain some of the issues with working with BIM to my co-workers, my IT group, and my customers through my consulting group. I believe by passing on all of your inputs and information, eventually will help to clarify some of the pros and cons to working with BIM.

Right now I believe taking a small composite (2 or 3 trades) to make a progress model, checking for collisions and reprinting as a 2D hardcopy will suffice.

Of course once "ALL" of the trades are combined into a Navisworks model is when you really get a full picture of what is happening. I just wish there was a better way to explain or show this to people that really don't understand the BIM process. I guess my next step is to find a "BIM Process"  video on YouTube if one even exist.

Thanks again,

Milt

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report