Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Navisworks Freedom and Manage

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
41861 Views, 5 Replies

Difference Between Navisworks Freedom and Manage

I just need to know the basic difference between freedom and manage, What all can be done in manage and what are limitation of freedom.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

The difference is nearly everything.  Free vs. MAJOR $$$ (or local currency!), Freedom only opens NWD files, has no Clash detective, no rendering, no simulation/timeliner.  If it helps, Freedom is the Adobe Reader, Manage is the Acrobat Pro-Super-Mega-Extended (or whatever they call it these days).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: dgorsman

yea that pretty much sums it up

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
alquraysh
in reply to: dgorsman

rightly said
Message 5 of 6
Message 6 of 6
Salda
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you are all missing the point. We talk about BIM models and their ability to become as built building mainatance models. Then we hand over and LOD500 model and it becomes useless to the customers we have sold it to. You cannot expect building manangers to buy license of Navisworks Manage. There are curtain aspects of the program that simple must be available to the casual user. Asking for the free version to be able to access links which make the model a true BIM Model is not to much to ask. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report