Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Error 1641 Navisworks Freedom 2015

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
gmcpaul
3132 Views, 12 Replies

Deployment Error 1641 Navisworks Freedom 2015

Hello Community,

We are trying to deploy Navisworks Freedom 2015 via MS MDT on our Computers.

Actually we are having the problem that we're getting error 1641 after installation because (i guess) the installer wants to reboot the machine which we must suppress during installation and reboot after the installtask has been completed.

So the log of Navisworks gives

MSI (s) (44:F0) [08:56:11:631]: Produkt: Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2015. Ein Neustart ist erforderlich. Die Installation oder Aktualisierung des Produkts erfordert einen Neustart, damit alle Änderungen in Kraft treten. Der Neustart wurde auf einen späteren Zeitpunkt verschoben.

... a reboot is necessary, the reboot has been rescheduled

which must have something to do with error 1641

ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_INITIATED 1641 The installer has initiated a restart. This message is indicative of a success.  

ref https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa376931(v=vs.85).aspx

so what shall i do ? edit the install script somewhere?

the installer is started with the typical switches: setup.exe /qb /W /I setup.ini /language en-us

i hope for some hints...

regards & thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
AndyG_ADSK
in reply to: gmcpaul

Hi there,

I'm not sure I understand what's happening here.  As you say, error 1641 indicates success.  In what way is the deployment unsuccessful?

Attempting to be helpful in advance, I would say the first thing to do is to confirm which MSI it is that wants the reboot and why.  If it is freedom.msi then you can try setting the REBOOT property to "ReallySuppress" like this:

setup.exe /qb /W /I setup.ini /language en-us /c FREEDOM:REBOOT=ReallySuppress

HTH

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 3 of 13
gmcpaul
in reply to: AndyG_ADSK

Hi,

the installation deploys correctly but the output to mdt seems to be 1641 "Reboot pending..."

so i always get the warning after the whole deployment went trough

i try your suggestion now with adding the  "/c FREEDOM:REBOOT=ReallySuppress" part

but its funny altrough i entered the reboot-suppress into the setup.ini in the common commands for msi packets...

thanks, and stay tuned 😉

Message 4 of 13
gmcpaul

unfortanetly the problem was not solved with the additional commands ...

i added the debug logs... i cant get any usable information from it...

Message 5 of 13
AndyG_ADSK

For my sins I have learned to speed read logs...

Here's your problem:

MSI (s) (08:C0) [14:04:20:977]: File: C:\windows\system32\msvcp100.dll; Overwrite; Won't patch; Existing file is a lower version
MSI (s) (08:C0) [14:04:20:977]: Source for file 'msvcp100.dll' is uncompressed, at '\\zeta.com\software$\INSTALL\Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2015 x64\x64\NAVFREE\Win\System64\'.
MSI (s) (08:C0) [14:04:20:977]: Re-applying security from existing file.
MSI (s) (08:C0) [14:04:20:977]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (s) (08:C0) [14:04:21:086]: Produkt: Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2015. Die Datei C:\windows\system32\msvcp100.dll wird von folgendem Prozess verwendet: explorer, ID 2228.

MSI (s) (08:C0) [14:04:21:086]: Verifying accessibility of file: msvcp100.dll
MSI (s) (08:C0) [14:04:21:086]: File will have security applied from OpCode.
Info 1603. The file C:\windows\system32\msvcp100.dll is being held in use. Close that application and retry.

Info 1603. The file C:\windows\system32\msvcr100.dll is being held in use. Close that application and retry.

Use process explorer to see what is holding that dll open.  It could be multiple things.  You'll need to kill them all off if you want rid of the reboots.

Cheers

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 6 of 13
gmcpaul
in reply to: AndyG_ADSK

Hi,

unfortanetly i cant get this to work without 1641 error.

neither suppressing commands nor trying to overcome the dll errors because i cant close these during setup.

Message 7 of 13
Patrick_Aps_9121

In my expericence I have had different situations:
1) A reboot was indeed needed, and after I rebooted the client, somehow the deployment continued and then was succesfull.
2) The Reboot is caused mainly by "software prerequesites" that were not present. Checking if the latest Service Pack for Windows is installed and install that first is a good practice when a deployment fails.
3) Another workaround I used was installing the Benltey Prerequesites for MicroStation v8i SS3 first before installing any CAD software.
4) in a few cases there was an error because the .net 4.5 version installed was to new to be detected as valid for the deployment. De-installing that and installing .net 4.0 first and then 4.5 later solved that.
5) naturally, windows needs to update all those prerequisites, so if you are able to force the windows update after installing prerequisites and before launching a deployment, please do.
Message 8 of 13
gmcpaul
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

I preinstall all the Prerequesites for the package in the very first task of our deployment (vcredist 2008sp1/2010sp1/2012/2013 32/64 bit, .net 4.5.2, and xml6)

I restart the computer before navisworks is about to be deployed and also after it was deployed but i cant restart during deployment

I also have set Reboot=Reallysuppress switch within setup.ini to overcome this issue.

nothing helps.. the only thing maybe would be to seperate the msi deployments like described in the sccm notes but i dont want to do this to keep the deployment well arranged.

the funny thing is that the 2014 version did not make any problems at all

I just created the deployment and used the installswitches provided with the .lnk within the deployment package

Message 9 of 13
Patrick_Aps_9121

Just a dump obvious question: your Client causing problems isn't a 32 bits windows, I hope ?
Message 10 of 13
gmcpaul

nope 😉

ITs Win7 x64 Sp1

Message 11 of 13
Patrick_Aps_9121

Ok, to avoid the "Run as Administrator" trouble, I use a batch file that I place locally in a temp folder. This contains the commands
@echo OFF
START /Wait \\UNC\path\to_the_deploymentname_without_spaces.lnk
Then I select the batch file and perform a "Run as Administrator"
In the deployment itself, also only UNC paths are used.
Message 12 of 13
gmcpaul

i dont think that i have a run as admin-problem because the package is deployed within an mdt setup progress on the one side on the other autodesk dwg view 2015 installs without problems and other apps too.

i think the solution lies somewhere within the setup.ini file... so that correct instructions are given to the setup.exe

or another thing maybe is somehow to disable the errormessages within the msi deployment...

Message 13 of 13
jangojim

Hi,

I got this 1641 issue too during my Windows 10 imaging and MDT process. I found out that you have to make sure that .NET Framework 3.5 feature is enabled before of the installation of Freedom.

In my case, I added this command line below just before the Freedom 2018 installation.

Start /w dism.exe /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:%~dp0sxs

Some Freedom prerequisites need this feature to install successfully.

Enjoy!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report