Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Item Calculation Formula

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Poletheus
754 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Item Calculation Formula

Hi,

Background:

I can append my Revit file

I've managed to alter the "TakeoffPropertyMap1.xml" file to map my Revit reinforcement density variable to the Navis Quantification variable ModelWeight

All my Family and Types in Revit have been setup such that they will create the right Quantification Workbook structure

Goal:

I was hoping that there was a way that when takeoff the whole model, the variable for Weight in the Item Catalog would have the formula "=(ModelWeight/1000)*ModelVolume" so that I can get the correct quantity for reinforcement.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Carl

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jayavijayan.k
in reply to: Poletheus

Once you alter the xml file for density variable, create a Item in your workbook and "Take off" all the steel in that Item. then enter your formula in the reporting column "Weight" (not "Model Weight"). Then the formula will be applied to all the rows in that column.Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 3
Poletheus
in reply to: jayavijayan.k

Yeah.  I'm aware of this and it would be fine if I had a few items. But, as I mentioned, I have already taken off the model to the Quantification Workbook.

There are over 2000 items within the model and it is too much to ask someone to edit the formula within the Item Catalog for each instance.

I was hoping that there was some way, similar to editting the TakeoffPropertyMap.XML, where I could alter the fomula for Weight such that:

Weight = (ModelWeight/1000)*Model Volume

The ModelWeight is reading correctly and the above fomula does not change.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report