Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create section drawing from Navisworks model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
autopete123
934 Views, 2 Replies

Create section drawing from Navisworks model

I have access to a navisworks model that I did not create, but it uses xrefs from various revit models and Civ 3D models. I would like to take a cross section across the whole model, and print it out on paper for me to annotate. Is there a way to do this?

I have managed to use the sectioning tool to get the plane I want, however this also shows everything in the model behind that plane. I just want a thin slice. I actually managed to do this in 3D by creating another plane behind the first facing the other way, and bringing them closer together until I had the slice I wanted. I just don't know where to go from here. If I look at the section from a perpendicular perspective, then I can't see objects like underground pipes as the lighting is all strange.

I just want that thin slice slapped on a drawing and printed off with all the outlines clear and easy to read.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
danielkazado
in reply to: autopete123

Hi, 

To create a slice you may use Mode --> Box instead of Planes in the Sectionning Tools. 

If you want to see some elements that are under floor for example; you may select the related floor from Selection Tree and with right click --> override item and you can change its transparancy.

You may save the view as a viewpoint and use Review menu Redline to add any notes. After that you may export the viewpoint as a jpg from Ouutput Export Data. 

Hope Helps....

Daniel Kazado

Please use Accept as Solution if your question is answered.
You may Give Kudos if the answer is helpful.
Message 3 of 3
autopete123
in reply to: danielkazado

Thanks for your response. I can create the slice in 3D. The problem is I need a 2D print out of this slice. When I align the view to be perpendicular to the slice, the lines become so thin that they disappear. It's not a trasparency issue, as they are all opaque.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report