Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Navisworks to dwg

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
ben.furness
119941 Views, 27 Replies

Converting Navisworks to dwg

Hi, I am new to this but want to know if I can convert a Navisworks NWD file back into a dwg or dxf?

Thanks.
27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28

HOLA SOY EL NEGRO DE MIAMI 

QUIEN ME PUEDE ORIENTAR COMO PUEDO CONVERTIR DE AUTOCAD 2014 A NAVISWORKS RESPNDAN 

Message 22 of 28
armandmukam
in reply to: ben.furness

Message 23 of 28

Hi all,
just to get this topic from 2010 closed: AutoCAD 2015 and above, Revit 2015 and above and Inventor 2015 and above are able to attach an NWD as a reference. So the need to convert to DWG is gone in a whole lot of cases
Message 24 of 28
JGuptill
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

DXF is for multiple CAD formats.  If you are really desperate open the DXF, highlight all of the elements you want, 'Ctrl C' to Copy, and 'Ctrl V' to paste it into a DWG file. I've done that many times myself.

Message 25 of 28
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: ibodclay

Hey guys, this read is almost 10 years old. In the meanwhile Autocad supports to attach an NWD as collaboration model, which is in most cases (except for reverse engineering) enough.

Message 26 of 28
aruckerY7D6L
in reply to: ben.furness

As many things have changed since version 2017 when many things changed in the programs it seems - you may need to use a free converter from Autodesk. I have to export from Navis (2019) as an FBX file, use the converter to change it to a DXF file that can be opened in AutoCAD (2019). I hope this helps someone as it took me about 2 days to find a solution.

Message 27 of 28
yamajama
in reply to: aruckerY7D6L

Excellent solution!
This worked for me!
Message 28 of 28
aruckerY7D6L
in reply to: ibodclay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report