Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contents are corrupt in Navisworks Manage 2017

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ScottyCovenant
2501 Views, 2 Replies

Contents are corrupt in Navisworks Manage 2017

I am having trouble opening NWF files. I can create and save without an issue. When I open the file the next day I get an error and it says the contents are corrupt. I have not had this error on any other version and I cannot find the issue. I have tried to save all the appended files as different names and NWF's or NWD's and nothing is fixing this issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what the fix is?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your post.  In this case it looks like you are seeing some corruption behaviors with your NWF files within the Navisworks software.

I have seen this a number of times and typically relates to a corrupt project file itself.  In some small cases it is attributed to a problematic linked model that needs to be resaved (if in native format) or a new NWC cut from the host software to add back in.  Again, most times it is a corrupt NWF file though (project file).  To overcome this issue, please create new NWF to add in your pinked models to then rebuild the NWF.  Once rebuilt, please then retest and confirm the issue is now resolved.

If the issue is not resolved, please upload a sample of the NWF and linked models for testing.  Thank you and we look forward to your reply to best help in this post where applicable.

Message 3 of 3

Another possibility is that several, different computers are opening and saving the NWF file (or the NWC files appended to it), and the Navisworks version (and service pack) is not identical on these computers. Navisworks 2016 and 2017 should have the same file format, but there were issues like this in the past with versions 2014 and 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report