Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cobie Extraction/Analysis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MarkFarrell10
860 Views, 4 Replies

Cobie Extraction/Analysis

We are looking at both Navisworks & Solibri for analysing models and examining cobie data.

Is there simple way of selecting all the of the same type of objects in navisworks (i.e all windows on 1st floor) solibri can do this is a few clicks, however navisworks appears to require a degree in boolan progarmming.

Solibri can also run cobie extractions, however I cannot seem to find any information on how this could be done using navisworks.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction.

Thnak you

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: MarkFarrell10

Haven't used Solibri, so I can't comment on its use of search criteria.  Navisworks searching could use some improvement but follows mostly standard search parameters which can be used to create very complex sets.  Once you get a hang of the quirks its not that different from other search procedures.  Note that you can save both selection sets (list of specific objects) and search sets (search criteria), so you only need to set up a search once.

No idea about "Cobie" data.  If thats discipline specific, Navisworks may not be the appropriate program for what you are trying to do.  Or you may require a custom plug-in, the Navisworks API allows for some fairly sophisticated development.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: MarkFarrell10

As dgorsman responded Navisworks has search feature that works very well and will allow you to save search options. I cannot speak to Solibri or Cobie as both are third part applications. Please review the information in the following link for "Search" in Navisworks Help: 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/NAV/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-119FDE3B-909F-4A98-B9B0-BCAD909020CE

Thanks for posting. 

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: alan.quinn

To be direct - the search *does* work well once you have the parameters entered and the model data is appropriately structured.  The GUI for entering those parameters needs some TLC.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
MarkFarrell10
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you for the responses. 

My main queztion was in relation to cobie or similar within the software, which I now have the answer that navisworks cannot work with at the moment. 

The search was a side question,  however worth time we would be able to setup the queries to work, it just seems very complicated.  Solibri works with a selection basket so you can isolate the 1st floor or elements on that floor and then with 1 more click show the  3rd floor. It appears yo be far simpler to the novice user.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report