Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clash and Element IDs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dennis
647 Views, 2 Replies

Clash and Element IDs

I am exporting models from Revit MEP.  As an example, an outta-box transformer that I have drawn a piece of duct to clash with it.

When the Clash Detective returns the result of the clash, I will then generate the HTML report to include the Element IDs two items clashing.

I have found that the ID is the "solid" that is within the transformer and not the transformer itself.  When in Revit, I use the "Select by ID", it doesn't find anything.  I went back into NW, selected in the Selection Tree to topmost object of the "solid", got the Element ID and it found it easy in Revit.

So, I thought, if I set the "Selection" in OPTIONS to Resolution=First Object and Compact Tree=Objects, but found that these settings seem to have no effect on the Clash Detective's selection.

Is there a setting that will work for me, or am I beating my head against the wall?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
chucka
in reply to: dennis

I am having the exact same problem, and I have tried everything to try and remediate the problem. From what I gather there are two element ids for each element. Everything from Curtain wall mullions to access doors. This make the reports that Navisworks creates useless, if i give this to my consultants and it calls out ID's that dont exist in the Revit model how are they supposed to coordinate? Some one needs to address this issue! Why is my office spending all this money for a program that is essentially worthless? 

Message 3 of 3
james.kobus
in reply to: dennis

Have the same issue. Have been searching for a solution for months. There does not appear to be any attempt by Autodesk to address this. This is a major flaw in the software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report