Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing The ViewCube Current View

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
agedmin03
1537 Views, 5 Replies

Changing The ViewCube Current View

Hello,

I am having trouble changing the orientation of the viewcube. I have tried using the "set current view as home" command with no luck. I would like to be able to see the plan view of my layout on the "top" view. How else can I do this without being able to change the viewcube? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DavidThirlwell
in reply to: agedmin03

Oh, you made the mistake of setting your file orientation to "Default."  This is a big beef of mine... Default turns your project sideways (of course).

Anyway, with your file open, click File Options on the Home tab and on the Orientation tab, set Up to X=0, Y=0, Z=1 and North to X=0, Y=1, Z=0.  Of course, this used to be the default (as in the automatic and correct orientation) before you hit the "Defaults" button on the same tab... 

If you find someone's post helpful, give it Kudos. If it answers your question, mark it as an answer.
Message 3 of 6
agedmin03
in reply to: DavidThirlwell

Awesome. Thank you very much for your help. I dont think I ever would have figured that out.

Message 4 of 6
agedmin03

Well, now that I have my plan view in my "top view" in the view cube, my UCS is incorrect, and my avatar is looking at the ground. Shouldn’t the view cube and the UCS coincide??

Message 5 of 6
DavidThirlwell

Well, apparently the reason that the Defaults button is screwy (for my workflow) is that different programs require different combinations of XYZ settings. I think the Defaults are correct for engineering programs like Inventor, while it turns my Revit models sideways.  If you are using something else, you may need to play around with different combinations. 

If you find someone's post helpful, give it Kudos. If it answers your question, mark it as an answer.
Message 6 of 6

The way I solve this is the following: I create my own simple AutoCAD DWG file with a box of 1 meter square and 2 meters high.
I start a new NWF "converting" file, append my DWG
Then i append the other file and use "units and transform" in the selection tree to get it upright and in the right units.
Than i save that as NWD and append that NWD in my real NWF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report