Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall Navisworks manage 2015

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dlim_standard
2859 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot uninstall Navisworks manage 2015

Cannot uninstall navisworks manage 2015.  the error message says, missing language pack.  the option to fix the installation does not work with the download installation.

help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AndyG_ADSK
in reply to: dlim_standard

Hi there,

As a first step, I suggest repairing the language pack and if this succeeds, then you should be able to uninstall.  I assume you have the English language pack installed.

To repair the English language pack, open a command prompt, and run the command:

MsiExec.exe /f {813D2B53-2300-0409-866C-59F9BC27A235}

It's likely this will require access to your original installation.  If it came from a download installer, and has since been deleted, you will need to download the installer again, unpack it and browse to it when prompted by the repair process.

HTH

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 3 of 6

All unistall Repair options do not show Navisworks Manage 2015 is installed. Full uninstall of the rest of the features then attempting an install from scratch insists it is installed. Finding the shortcut in the Start menu fails to initialize "Unable to find Roamer.exe". Cmd line action depicted above says "Only valid for installed products."

Program will neither install, repair, or uninstall. All other programs uninstal reinstall properly. Mr Fixit does nothing and finds nothing.

This happened after installing  Fabrication CADmep 2015 Object enabler. Navisworks Manage no longer shows up in Programs and Features for uninstall or repair.

Message 4 of 6

Generic Explanation:

Login to Windows under and Admin account

Find the Navisworks Manage shortcut:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2015

Cannot find Roamer.exe dialog comes up, Browse to:
(ServerName = Your Server Name and the name of the deployment directory)
\\ServerName\Autodesk\2015 Navis Deployment\Img\x64\NAVMAN\roamer.exe

Handle Severity(eERROR) component() id(-1), data(00000000000000000) msg(odviewres.dll missing)
Click Retry a few times
Enter the license Server name
Keep doing Retry through the errors

Then run
\\ServerName\Autodesk\2015 Navis Deployment\Img\x64\en-us\NAVMAN\NAVMAN_LP

Then open the elevated cmd prompt (Right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator)
Copy and paste to comman line:
MsiExec.exe /f {813D2B53-2300-0409-866C-59F9BC27A235}
run it.

Should be able to run or at least uninstall or repair from there.

Message 5 of 6

I've been struggling with this all morning and I finally found the solution.  Instead of using the Windows > Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstalling, go to your All programs and under the "Autodesk" folder, there is an Uninstall Tool.  It lists all the programs listed.  I was able to uninistall the program and then reinstall it properly.

Jorge Septien
Message 6 of 6
jv_eng
in reply to: jorgeseptien

Honestly, your response was just simple, short and extremely helpful. Everyone else overcomplicated a simple solution. 

Congrats!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report