Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot link Navis Manage 2013 timeliner to MS Project 2010 data source

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
justin09
5910 Views, 12 Replies

Cannot link Navis Manage 2013 timeliner to MS Project 2010 data source

I've looked through the forums both on Autodesk and on Google- and haven't seen a question relating to Navis Manage 2013 not linking the timeliner to a MS Project data source (with the option of MS Project 2007-2010 available).

Here is my problem.

Both Navis Manage 2013 and MS Project 2010 are installed.  In timeliner, when I select to add a data source I CAN choose from the following options:

ms project 2007-2010

primaveras

mpx

csv.. etc.

However, when I click select to add an already created MS Project 2007-2010 data source I get the following error:

Error Title of Window- "DATA SOURCE PROVIDER ERROR"

Specific Error- "THE PROJECT COULD NOT BE OPENED"

manage picture.JPG

Please help.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Navisworks Manage 2013 with MS Project 2010 installed.  Also, I have MS Project Service Pack 1 installed.  Is this because I'm using a student version?... i don't know...

Not sure what else to do.  Thanks in advance for your help!!!

justin

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cjl0411
in reply to: justin09

I have the same issue when clicking ms project 2007-2010....anybody knows how to solve that??

Message 3 of 13
justin09
in reply to: cjl0411

I uninstalled NWManage 2013 and installed NWManage 2014 and it still doesn't work....

must be impossible due to the lack of replies...

Message 4 of 13
cjl0411

I did the smae thing, uninstall 2013 and install 2014, it can't solve the problem...maybe we should try to reinstall the operating system...

Message 5 of 13
justin09
in reply to: cjl0411

I thought of that, but I'm like 2 weeks away from graduation... finals time is not a good time to experiment with the puter. Although, I'm running windows 7 home premium and noticed (NWManage 2014 told me) I didn't have sp1 installed.  So I installed SP1.  It didn't do the trick..

Maybe after I graduate I will, but for now, it's not a good time.  If you decide to, please let me know if it works or not.

Message 6 of 13
joerad99

Was having a similar problem.  Using Navis Manage 2013.  I ended up downloading MS Project 2013 Trial (full version for 60 days) and then the error did not occur.  Must need to have MS Project installed, and possibly after Navis.

Message 7 of 13
rsloyer
in reply to: joerad99

I'm dealing with the same issue but with a CSV schedule, so the issue must not be strictly Microsoft Project.

Message 8 of 13
rsloyer
in reply to: rsloyer

Anyone come up with a fix for this?  I'm working in Navisworks Manage 2014 and whether I try to synchronize or "rebuild task hierarchy" I get "the project could not be opened" error.

Message 9 of 13
jani.harju

I have same problem here. Navisworks Manage 2014 & MSProject 2013.

TimeLiner won´t even open the browser to find the MPP-file. So I think it is not about MSP it is about Navisworks.

Have someone tryed to ask help from Autodesk?Timeliner MPP import error

Edit: Typo.

Message 10 of 13
raghulan

Just this might help,

Close your project  in MS project and even msproject if you opened it and then try again.

Regards,

Raghulan Gowthaman Cert IV TAA, B.E,.
Senior Technical Consultant | Developer - R&D
A2K Technologies Sydney
Web : www.a2ktechnologies.com.au
www.civil3dforum.com | www.e4forums.com
www.zcodia.com.au
www.raghulangowthaman.com
Message 11 of 13
zhukoven.com

Hello everyone!

I've tried importing mpp files into Navisworks Manage 2015, and it still gives the same error ("THE PROJECT COULD NOT BE OPENED").

I found a workaround for this annoying issue - you can convert your mpp file to mpx and then import to Navis.

Here is what worked for me: 

1. Make sure you've got a version of MS Project installed (otherwise the converter won't work);
  2. Download MPPtoMPX converter for Primavera (http://www.projectstatus.com/pub/PubFiles/MppToMpx.exe).
  3. Launch MppToMpx.exe and navigate to your MS Project files. You do not need to open MS Project or install anything - just launch this converter.
  4. Browse to your MPP file, then choose the output folder for MPX, and click "Convert"Primavera MPPtoMPX.png
  5. Open your Navis project, switch to TimeLiner and import your recently created MPX file.

I tested this converter on Win 7 x64 with MS Project 2010 (x64) + Navisworks Manage 2015 and it works.

Konstantin Zhukoven
| zhukoven.com
Design Technologist
BIM | R&D | Computational Design
Message 12 of 13

I had the same problem. I unistalled and installed over and over navis and project, and didn't work. I'm using Navis 2016, and there's option for MS Project 2007-2013 avaible. I was using MSProject 2013, so I uninstalled both softwares and installed MSProject 2007 and then Navis, and worked, thanks god. I'm very happy, this problem took me a lot of time.

Message 13 of 13
boris_zivkovic

Error still exist in 2021 version. I don't have MS Project installed, but I don't need it. I get gants from clients, and my job is to link them to 3d model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report