Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we tag an image/tool tip an image in viewpoints just like a comment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bireshwar.mallick
573 Views, 5 Replies

Can we tag an image/tool tip an image in viewpoints just like a comment

images on Navis : Can we tag an image in viewpoints just like a comment

Is there a process in Navis to tag an image in Navis just like that of a comment that we are adding in Navis. This would help us immensly during a cordination work.

Or

Can we add an image as a tool tip in viewpoints

Bireshwar
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You need Simulate of Manage to be able to do the following

-> Save your current view as a viewpoint

-> Add redling to that viewpoint (text, arrows, clouds, tag numbers...)

-> Add comments to the tag numbers to explain what could be done about the problem in the viewpoint

-> Update the viewpoint so that the redling is saved

-> Save the NWD so that the viewpoints with redlining is saved into the NWD

(users using Freedom than can view the NWD and see the redlining and read the comments but cannot edit it)

optional

-> Export the viewpoints into a viewpoint report, which includes the redlinging and the comments

Message 3 of 6

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for the update on the case request. Actually what we are seeking is the possibility to embed an image in the Navis interface. The snap attached may illustrate our point of view regarding the subject. Though with the help of help of exporting HTML report we can get the viewpoints or the clashes notified but is it possible to get an image embedded inside the Navis interface and after a save may be seen in a Navis saved file.

Best Regards,

Bireshwar

Bireshwar
Message 4 of 6

There is no way of embedding a static image in a Navisworks file.  The closest options I can think of are attaching a hyperlink to an external file, adding a DWF sheet, or having a custom add-in created with a separate palette/viewer window.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6

Dear Dgorsman,

Thanks a lot for the update. Can you please ellaborate the suggestion in steps as you proposed viz.. "attaching a hyperlink to an external file, adding a DWF sheet" so that we may incorporate the same in our workings. This can mean a lot to us.

Best Regards,

Bireshwar

Bireshwar
Message 6 of 6

Both are explained in the help content far better than I can paraprhase.  Hyperlinks in Navisworks function as they do in other applications; DWF sheets function as they do in Design Review.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report