Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cadworx 2013 in Navisworks Simulate 2013 issues

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
usher66
4568 Views, 6 Replies

Cadworx 2013 in Navisworks Simulate 2013 issues

Currently running windows 7 64 bit.

Cadworx 2013 r2 with Navisworks Simulate 2013 and have updated to service pack 2. (file readers for dwg are set to 2012)

All new piping components drawn in Cadworx are shown as wireframe where older version are shaded as a solid (see attached picture)

Before I upgraded my machine from a 32bit to 64 bit I had the identical setup except for having serive pack 1 installed for Navis, and this was a none issue.

Anyone know of a setting or a fix I'm missing?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: usher66

CADWorx object enabler?  Navisworks DWG reader version should be set to the DWG version of the CADWorx DWG files.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7
usher66
in reply to: dgorsman

Hey,

Cadworx 2013 and Navisworks SP1 are to be enabled together when installed on the same machine, therefore I shouldn't require a object enabler ( I never had downloaded a OE prior to my new machine)

See link below:

http://coade.typepad.com/coadeinsider/2012/06/navisworks-2013-enalbled-for-cadworx-2013.html

I have tried changing the readers to 2013 as well with no sucess, I also tried only installing only NW2013 SP1 with no sucess though I knew they cary forward the fixes for each SP, but though it was worth a shot.

Message 4 of 7
dgorsman

Wireframe views are typical of missing or unregistered object enablers.  Was CADWorx installed before, or after Navisworks?  How about the SP application?  If installing CADWorx automatically installs the object enabler, then installing Navisworks second may result in Navisworks not being aware of it.

Setting the DWG Reader version to 2013 would only help if you were running AutoCAD 2013.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
JeffH_ADSK

There is significant difference between 32-bit & 64-bit versions of processes. Unless the copy of CADWorx installed is also 64-bit, then a 64-bit Navisworks will not be able to use the shared OEs provided by the base installation of CADWorx. In such a case I would recommend installing the 64-bit CADWorx OE.

Regardless you will also need to select the right year in the DWG loader version to match the OE provided (CADWorx appear to recommend 2012).

The best way to check these sorts of issues is to look in the registry where OEs are registered for lookup. For example the following key lists as sub-keys all the applications globally installed for DWG 2013:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\ObjectDBX\R19.0\Applications

There's an equivalent for Navisworks specifically for OEs that install to application scope not global scope:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage x64\10.0\ObjectDBX\R19.0\Applications

I do not recommend altering these entries at all; they are best handled by installers. However, you can look in these keys to see what is installed & set up.

If for example, the CADWorx entries are only present for R18.2, then you'd need to select 2012 in the DWG Loader Version. If there are no entries at all, then the OE is not present in 64-bit.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 6 of 7
usher66

Hey,

Cadworx runs on top of Autocad therefore there is no 32 or 64 bit version of CADworx install, as it use all the vanilla autocad commands.

If cadworx is installed  on the same machine as navisworks , Intergraph says a OE isn't required.

With all that being said, there was a release of a service pack for CADWorx 2013r2 SP1, that I had installed which did a repair/update install of CADWorx resetting my settis to the default settings, and in doing this fixed the issue with my wireframe piping components in Navisworks.

Therefore not sure if the service pack had fixed the issue or doing the update after Navisworks was installed repaired the issue.

Also even though the Intergraph support said set to the DWG file readers to 2012, mine are now set to 2013 with no current issues.

Thanks for the help

Message 7 of 7
61mwhite

Hello,

I have the CADWorx 2013r2 SP 1 installed on my computer.  I'm running CADWorx in AutoCAD 2013.  In Navisworks Manage 2013 SP2 I don't get the solid model.

Any ideas???

Thank You,

Mark  ><>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report