Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borrow License Stuck on Computer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brettwainright3453
1228 Views, 2 Replies

Borrow License Stuck on Computer

At some point in the past (been a couple months at least) one of the users in the office borrowed a Navisworks Manage license and it has been stuck on his computer since. We attempted logging in via VPN in case he borrowed it from the VPN (that solved a similar issue in the past) and that did not work. I have attempted to pull off the "delete registry, reborrow and return" method found on Autodesk Support but that wont work because we only have one network license for manage and the server wont let me reborrow because it still sees it as checked out. 

Now for the really confusing part: last week when I was working on attempting to return the license it said that it was checked out unti midnight on Friday July 19. I was busy on Friday so on Monday morning I opened up his computer and opened Navis and suddenly the borrowed license message now shows that it is checked out until midnight on Friday July 26. That was remarkably startling and maybe that is why I havent been able to return this license for months when it was only borrowed for 1-2 weeks originally. This seems crazy but I swear it is the case. Also, when looking at LMTOOLS - it states that the license was borrowed on Monday July 15 and the linger value puts its return at midnight on July 26, but this license was borrowed at least 6 weeks ago, probably 2+ months.

I have to get this license returned soon because IT has been begging for the computer because it is due to be wiped and reset for a new user (original user has a new computer) but I dont want to lose that license somehow by wiping the computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this borrowed license returned??

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I have sent you a private message regarding this sensitive issue. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

My guess is some user does not believe in shared licenses  and is always renewing his borrowingto preserver the license for his machine only.

Set your Borrow_LOW_WATER to zero, or disable borrowing completely on the license server.

Wait until the borrow date expires again.

Then wait and hear who starts complaining.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report