Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Reference Attribute values not displayed in Navisworks properly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BalajiHTI
3500 Views, 5 Replies

Block Reference Attribute values not displayed in Navisworks properly

Hello,

This is a very old problem without a solution till date, I believe!

Some previous threads"

1. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-general-discussion/attribute-text-visibility-issue/m-p/2650...

2. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-general-discussion/navisworks-not-showing-attribute-informa...

This is how I experienced the problem for a 2D Autodesk AutoCAD DWG drawing while appending to a Navisworks NWF.

Left is the native DWG opened in Autocad and right is how it is displayed in Navisworks.

You can see how the Northing, Easting, Cover Level, Invert Level are having their Attribute Name displayed instead of the Attribute <Quote>Value</unquote> .

AutoCAD Block Reference Attributes Display Issue in Navisworks.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: BalajiHTI

Not entirely suprising.  Navisworks isn't intended as a 2D DWG viewer, so its gotta be very low on the priority list.  As long as the attributes populate properly in the Properties (they do here), then its more of an inconvenience best solved with another application like TrueView.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
madhusudhana.rao
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi

You can check the elevations of the text, make ensure all Z elevation of the text shall be '0' and try.

I guess you can resolve the problem

Madhu

Message 4 of 6

No Mr. Rao, I am afraid that's not affecting it. As one of the previous threads I mentioned in this question, I used 'Burst' command in AutoCAD on the Blocks then exported nwc using NWCOUT. Then the texts in the blocks are visible as they should be.
Message 5 of 6
wwcon
in reply to: BalajiHTI

Obviously nobody in the Navisworks Developer-Team knows the difference between an AutoCAD Block Definition and a Block Reference.

That's the reason why ATTDEFs are displayed in the selection tree as part of blocks, and not ATTRIBs.

Maybe a little more conversation between Navisworks and AutoCAD Developers could be useful to solve this problem, finally!

It's really poor, that nobody cares for years for this topic (in the meantime I wonder if anybody ever will do).

Block attributes are too basic and commonly used elements to be ignored by a product, that asserts to fully support DWG....

Message 6 of 6
JHoward_HOB
in reply to: wwcon

I have a band aid for this problem if your interested:

https://houseofbim.com/2017/05/11/displaying-autocad-attribute-values-in-navisworks/

Check out our blog @ HouseOfBIM.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report