Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Snapping of Instrument Items/Tag Numbers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kdshahDPSQ9
352 Views, 4 Replies

Batch Snapping of Instrument Items/Tag Numbers

Hi All,

I am looking for capability or tools of navisworks , which can get me auto snapping facility.

Describing the requirement,being an instrument engineer, need to have snapshots for identifiying flow direction for all valves etc.

Is there any possibility to have batch screenshot facitlities ?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I'm not completly sure what you want, but using Simulate, I know you can do the following:
-> After importing the models into Navisworks, you should have an Selection Tree window. In the Properties view, you schould be able to drill down to the category Intrument Tag or Name. But that is only available if the 3D designers have entered the right name in their modelling software and the properties are exported out of their software and imported into Navisworks.
-> In the selection tree, select one instrument.
-> Hit the "Page Dwon" key on your keyboard, navisworks will zoom into the Intrument (providing there is only one with that name in the model)
-> Navigate around untio you get a clear view.
-> Save a viewpoint, and give this viewpoint the name of the instrument
-> Using redlinging, draw the Flowdirection on top of the view
-> Update the viewpoint, so that the redling is stored in the viewpoint.
Save your NWF or NWD, so that the new viewpoint with redlineing is saved in the file.
Repeat for each instrument you need to check.
You can then use the Export Viewpoint Reports to create a Report (that you can print to a single PDF)
Message 3 of 5

Hi Patrick

Thanks for the msg.

However, my requirement is following:

1. After importing PDMS file. With Instrument Items can identified from selection tree.

2. I want to know, wheather i can take snapshot of all instrument items together on single command from a particular direction and particular camera distance from instrument items.

I am looking for batch tool, which can generate snapshot for all instrument items in one go.

Regards

Message 4 of 5
J450NP13
in reply to: kdshahDPSQ9

You may need to do something in the API to achieve this.

Message 5 of 5
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: J450NP13

You definitly need programming,
Either with the API in Navisworks
OR
find the first Instument. Create a viewpoint to this instrument from the direction, distance etc. you want
Delete all other viewpoints
Export the Viewpoints to XML
Open it an an XML editor, it is quite readable.
If then you can create a report out of the PDMS database that creates such an XML with a viewpoint per instrument,
you would only need to
-> generate the XML from the PDMS database
-> import the XML in Navisworks
-> Generate the viewpoint Report
and all your snapshots will be in that report.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report