Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically generate Search sets?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tiddichz
1615 Views, 2 Replies

Automatically generate Search sets?

Hi.
Hope someone could help me with this.

For some time i´ve been working on creating a TimeLiner-animation. 

My job is basically creating a MS Project schedule --> import to Navis ---> attach Search Sets to all the activities.
The appended models in Navis come from Revit.

For now i am using Properties+ (Thank you for that!).
Here i easily find and save SearchSets and by creating a rule for attachment of SearchSets, connect it automatically to the tasks from MS Project.

The question is if it is possible to automatically generate SearchSets based on two properties-values in my 60+ models appended to Navis?
And also automatically save the SearchSets with a specific name based on the two propertie-values?

e.g: In the Properties+ list i have two specific property-values i want to find and save as a SearchSet.

Property: Area                  Value: 100
Property: WorkCode         Value: ST001

For now i highlight these --> right-click --> choose Find items

I save the search and rename it 100ST001.

This is what i would like to have automated.

Hopefully you understand what i am wondering about.

Many thanks!

-Tobias

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: tiddichz

Not completely, but my idea is to create one Search Set like you want, export it to an Search Set XML and than try to automate the generation of that XML by using Excel or SQL or whatever.
After the generation, all you would need to do in NAvisworks is import the Search set xLM
Message 3 of 3
tiddichz
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Thank you for replying!

We have been thinking bout that, but with the wide range of differences in our Property-values
that would be saving us a bit of work needed, but at the same time possibly making us miss out on some SearchSets.

Sure it would help us create SearchSets, but we would be forced to create such an enourmous amount
to be sure we "find" everything. 
And we would be sitting with alot of SearchSets not attaching to anything.

Now, i might be misunderstanding your suggestion and if so let me know!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report