Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Navisworks Animation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
405 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Navisworks Animation

Hi,

I'm working as a BIM-Coordinator in a big hospital project and will start to create with a 4D-planning model with Navisworks.

I have managed to "connect" Naviswork to the programe ( primavera ), but I'm a little curious about how you have created this animation?

http://   www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQkDRXo7tLM

how all the concrete slabs are dropped in, steel beams are extruded etc? very interested..

I will be grateful for some guidance

Kind regards,

Niloofar

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just learned how to do this and the video you linked inspired me to figure it out. You have to use the Animator tool. I created a selection set for each object or group of objects and then tied those to animations. Within the animator, you can apply an XYZ offset, change color, transparency, or rotation. So, for example, to drop a column in place from above like you saw in the video, the beginning Z value could be 50' with an ending Z at 0'. As you play the animation the column appears to fall in place from above. You can create animations on their own (manually input a duration) or tie them to the schedule in Timeliner. To tie an animation to a task in the Timeliner, turn on the Animation column and select it from the list for each task. Obviously, it is more complex than that, but you get the general idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report