Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD/ShipConstructor NWCOUT to Navisworks - Incorrect scale

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
801 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD/ShipConstructor NWCOUT to Navisworks - Incorrect scale

I've just upgraded to AutoCAD 2013 and Navisworks 2013.  When I use the NWCOUT command this often exports the files into Navisworks to different scales (inches or mm). 

We've had this problem with all previous versions of Navisworks, but it only occurs sporadically on different people's computers who may or may not be working on different projects. 

Using NWOPT, I can see that the default units are set to mm, and yet the files often translate into inches in Navisworks.  Rescaling individual files within Navisworks is not an option, as we have far too many components to make this worthwhile

Any thoughts welcome

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dmorais
in reply to: Anonymous

The issue usually stems from the fact when the drawing units are unitless.

The best way around this is to set the drawing units for every model and system drawing i.e (-dwgunits 3 2 4 y y n). As there can be a lot of drawings I would recommend to use ScriptPro to batch run a command to set the drawing units correctly.

The best way to avoid this in future projects is to set the drawing units in the template drawings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report