Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto text display on every eqipment while walkthrough animation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
834 Views, 6 Replies

auto text display on every eqipment while walkthrough animation

Hi,

i am facing a problem in navisworks 2014, while walk through.

i am trying to create a walk through animation for overall plant, and i need to indicate each individual equipment names which need to be displayed while i go near the equipment and disappear if i pass on  ( display automantic name plates ).

i tried to work on discripter which is in inventor and appent to navisworks but it doesn't work.

i also tried on asset tag in inventor i haven;t find any result.

i also tried add text and add tag in navisworks but no result

we have factory design suit 2014, 

i need to know the solution as soon as possible as by project is delayed only because of this.........

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

In Navisworks this is called "Quick Properties".
But they only show up if you hover over items with the select arrow, not if you walk nearby.
Check Options ->Interface -> Quick Properties -> Definitions to see what will show up.
Message 3 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

You could look into the Animator.  It has "hotspot" triggers which allow an animation (such as showing a hidden object - nameplate) when the camera position gets to it.  But that only works in live navigation and will not work for for exported animation (movies).  In order for it to work with an exported movie you'll need to set it up with the Animator and manually set the timing.  Its also a lot of work to put into something thats holding up a project.  Sometimes its just necessary to say "No" or "That cannot be done in time".

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 7
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: dgorsman

I had another idea, buti'm not sure if it will work.You will have to test it.
You can create viewpoints with annotation (redlinging). So with each viewpoint you have to manually write the tags you have interested.
Then copy the viewpoint
Then create an animation from the start position to this 2 viewpoints. the first part of the animation you would move to the position, the 2nd part you woud stand still and possibly see the annotation for a defined period of time...
Message 5 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Redlines in saved viewpoints don't survive the animation process.  They would have to be rendered out as separate frames, and compiled back in later.  Might as well use the editing program to add labels as well with that process.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, But i can't understand what you are trying to say if there is any video to this explaination please post it. So that i can understand better.

Message 7 of 7
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

Basicly, what we are saying is that Navisworks is incapable of what you want, and that you should create the animantion without tags. Then you could use video editing software to add the tags, like you would add subtitels to a movie.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report