Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appending sketchup trouble, error 32771

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kwurts
4495 Views, 8 Replies

Appending sketchup trouble, error 32771

I am trying to append a sketchup 7 file into navisworks but I keep getting this error: f

ile.skp has an unknown version number

failed to load file via NoW64 (hr=0x80004005)

error code:32771

I have tried different sketchup files into different Navisworks files with no luck. Does anyone know what this error is or how to get around it? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: kwurts

Hi there,

Unfortunately Sketchup 7 is not supported in Navisworks at this time. It is a format we would like to add but are unable to do so at this juncture.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 9
kwurts
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

Thanks for your response. Do older versions of sketchup work?

Message 4 of 9
JeffH_ADSK

Hi there,

Yes Sketchup 6 should be supported.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 5 of 9
kwurts
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

Thanks again. With your advise I was able to downsave the sketchup file and bring it into Navisworks. Much Appreciated.

Message 6 of 9
wdalagan

I am not having any luck dealing with this error.  I saved my sketchup file to version 5 and tried to load it into Navisworks but I still keep on having this error.

Willie

Message 7 of 9
minimattsmith
in reply to: wdalagan

I've started having this trouble as well and I think it's to do with the file size of the sketch-up model, it seems anything over 10mb won't open for me, but everything that's smaller does.

Message 8 of 9
michael_coffey

I'm having a problem appended a sketchup 5 file into manage 2012.  but i'm getting error code 32769.  my skp file is 1.8mb.  any ideas?

Message 9 of 9

Turns out I had to break down my sketchup model down into managable sizes, by doing several save as version 6's and stripping back different parts of the site, ie just vehicles, just hoarding, etc and then append those bitesize models into Navisworks. The largest file was 10.6mb it took a little longer to append that one but it still came in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report