Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anipath in naviswork

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DesaiTC
272 Views, 4 Replies

Anipath in naviswork

Is there any kind of option or plugin (anything) that would work just as ANIPATH command in AutoCAD ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: DesaiTC

No plug-ins necessary.  Both Simulate and Manage have methods for both camera and object animation, as well as saving it to file.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
DesaiTC
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for your reply.

I know about viewpoints. I am able to save viewpoints at different locations and then when I put it under animation group, it automatically animates the viewpoints. That's great.

But as far as I know, there is nothing like anipath that I can assign path & target as that in AutoCAD. Could you give some hints. ? 

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: DesaiTC

Not certain, as I've not used AutoCAD for animation (like trying to drive a nail with a pickaxe: picking the right tool for the job).  Navisworks viewpoints have both camera targets and positions so the animation can be conrolled with some precision.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
DesaiTC
in reply to: dgorsman

Haha, pickaxe. 🙂

Thanks for your reply. You are right actually.

But for some folks, who don't need that much precision and don't have enough time, AutoCAD's ANIPATH is great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report