Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate Transparency?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Dan.Dominik
606 Views, 2 Replies

Animate Transparency?

I've been through the built-in help menu and, not unusually, it didn't provide more than a rough overview of what I"m after.  I'm trying to arrive at an animation that fades into view the various selection sets in our model.  At one point I had a task-based simulation in which the elements appeared at the proper intervals.  However, selecting the scene/keyframe does not enable any of the setting options so helpfully noted in the help system... "change transparency of animation set" is NEVER not grayed out Smiley Mad

Can anyone point me/us to a more complete source of info on how to accmoplish this than the seven line summary in the help system?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dan.Dominik
in reply to: Dan.Dominik

After further investigation (and reinstallation) we now see Manage crashing as soon as an animation set is selected and the change transparency button is clicked. Occasionally we'll get to the 2nd or 3rd animation set before it crashes. This behavior then occurs on the first click in all subsequent program restarts until the computer is restarted, at which point it's hit-and-miss as to whether it crashes on the first or second click.

This is not a file issue- happens on all files opened...

Message 3 of 3
mcarroll
in reply to: Dan.Dominik

When crashing are you by chance exporting it out as an avi. This typically will take over the computer while rendering and can cause it to crash. Have you tried rendering out to pngs and combining them into a video after rendered?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report