Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the cylindrical shapes are missing during rendering With Autodesk Renderer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shmolla
492 Views, 2 Replies

All the cylindrical shapes are missing during rendering With Autodesk Renderer

Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue when I'm rendering an AVI with Navisworks Simulate 2013 64bit, SP2. This happens when the renderer is Autodesk. For some reason it doesn't render any cylindrical shapes (not a single one!!!). Is there any setting that is stopping the cylinders to be rendered?

When i choose Viewport as the renderer, it works fine, but the quality is not very good.

When I choose Presenter, it can render very small models but gets stuck for bigger models.

I'm using Win 7 64 bit, 64 GB RAM, Quadro 6000.

Thanks a lot in advance.

shmolla

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tim.wiegand
in reply to: shmolla

I think there's a problem with parametric primitives and the Autodesk renderer in Navisworks 2013.

You can work round this by changing the options used when loading the original design file. Go to Options -> Model -> Performance -> On Load and Uncheck "Create Parametric Primitives". Then reload your NWF / design files.

Tim Wiegand
Software Architect

Message 3 of 3
shmolla
in reply to: tim.wiegand

Tried it. But unfortunately getting the same result.

Not sure if it is related to this but I have created this NWD file by opening an rvm file. But all the pipings have been named as cylinder in Navisworks. But in the the rvm file, the pipes are named according to their pipe numbers. Can these two be related?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report