Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align UCS in NAVIS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2748 Views, 6 Replies

Align UCS in NAVIS

I would like to know if I can rotate the UCS in Navisworks Manage 2013 to plan north so when I move an object through units and transform along a single axis I dont have to use trig to figure the exact distance. Any help either way would be great. 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cridenourTCZKV
in reply to: Anonymous

So nothing on this in 6 years huh? Sadface Autodesk. Sadface.

Message 3 of 7
jwhite2014
in reply to: cridenourTCZKV

Forgot about this! Lol

Message 4 of 7
bryndaff

Ideally Navisworks should have an Align with object/face for the gizmo, there is a Look At and you can then "try" and reposition the gizmo to the correct location and rotation, but the way Autodesk have developed the gizmo tools in Navisworks is very poor, you can move/snap to the correct location but then when you want to rotate it resets the position and vice versa. Basic functionality that's missing!

Message 5 of 7
JoeVernice

"Ideally Navisworks should have an Align with object/face for the gizmo" Agreed! A much needed feature on many projects.

Probably wasting my time, however, I sent this request to Autodesk via product feedback.

https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

JMV

Message 6 of 7
rafael_silva_villanueva

Several time we predefine severals UCS in Autocad Drawings that we hope can be used when export the dWG to NAviswork

Message 7 of 7
SMPConsulting

Just wondering if this functionality has been added to Navisworks, hard to believe it isn't one of the first functions included.

Anthony Paul
www.smpconsulting.com.au
An Inventor user since IV6 2002, and a 3D AutoCad user since R9 1989

i7 7770 @ 3.6GHz – 4.2, GB H110M M.2 Mainboard, 2 x 8 GB DDR4 RAM
250 GB SSD 960 Evo Series SSD, 700 W 80+ ATX Power Supply, Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report