Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D to 2D

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RaeMore
741 Views, 4 Replies

3D to 2D

I'm not a big Navisworks user, but  have a model done in Navisworks and I need to get 2D flatshots of it for AutoCAD. I've imported in into AutoCAD a couple of different ways, but neither way provides solid componants to get a flatshot from. Anyone know how to help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: RaeMore

The only 2D that I am able to export is a JPG file.

You could insert that in AutoCAD and move and scale it until it is somewhat correct, but it will never be complete accurate.

In AutoCAD there is the EXPORTLAYOUT command to save the Layout of a 3D DWG into a new 2D model, but I doubt if that workaround could help you.

Message 3 of 5
RaeMore
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Thank you for your help. I'll give that a try. 🙂

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: RaeMore

Check your contract to see if you have rights to the original model or associated documents.  If you do, let the provider know.  If you don't you're pretty much SOL.  One of the things about Navisworks is it lets providers share content with less concern that others will attempt what you are trying to do e.g. that model could be well out of date or never intended for use/not engineer approved.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
RaeMore
in reply to: dgorsman

Yeah, I'm thinking it's not going to work. I'll just have to figure out another way to do this. Thank you for your response. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report