Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 file in Navisworks 2017 missing parts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
szczesnywisniewski
516 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2015 file in Navisworks 2017 missing parts

Dear Forum,

I got Revit file made in 2015 version, when open in my Navisworks 2017 I dont see full model. It is not about visibility, it missing in the model overall.

When the other company open exact same file in Navisworks 2015 everything is visible. When I upgrade model with my Revit 2017 to upgrade and then open in Navisworks 2017 it also work. What goes wrong here?

Thank in advance.

Regards,

S.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

What you experience does not sound familiar to me, but we can try and solve this.

Just for my own view over the issue, the situation is:

You receive Revit 2015 file that you can open in Navisworks 2017, but you are missing some parts.

When the company that delivers the Revit 2015 file opens it in Navisworks 2015 it works fine.

When you convert the Revit 2015 file to Revit 2017 it works fine in Navisworks 2017.

To me it sounds it can be a corruption in you Revit file, this makes sense because upgrading a model sometimes fixes corrupted files, you can try:

Let the company that delivers the Revit 2015 file, open the file in audit mode and save it as new named file.

And purge this new file afterwards.

After this try to open the Revit 2015 file in Navisworks 2017 again.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best regards,
Josha van Reij
Arcadis NV
BIM manager

Message 3 of 5

Hello again,

I can only find audit in screen startup, not purge. Where I find this?

Thank in advance.

Regards,

S.

Message 4 of 5

Hello,

When you opened the file with audit, you can go to the 'manage tab' and under 'settings' you find 'purge unused'.

A new window pops up and you can see what to purge (non-used, but loaded products). Purse these.

Best regards,
Josha van Reij
Arcadis NV
BIM manager

Message 5 of 5

Thank you, dont know if audit or purge did it, but it worked.

Regards,

S.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report